Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Why do you want to begin this journey?

You got to have a good reason to begin this journey....
It's not easy, but neither is it difficult.

So why did I begin in the first place?

Maybe my story will inspire you to begin this
incredible journey, and seek the rewards that I had,
when I started a long way back.

It was 1999 after the economic crisis in Malaysia and
it was the year that I received some disturbing news -
my dad had 6 months to live. I was then 40 years
young, working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and
enjoying a nice lifestyle.

What would you do, if you had such terrible news
one day - busy in your career and knowing you have
some moral obligations to do?

I don't know about you, but at 40 with 3 teenage
daughters, I didnt have enough savings to last a 6
month break from work, to spend the last few days
with my dad.

At that time, I was also having some communication
problems with my teens...I guess its common if both
parents work, leaving the kids without proper advice
and guidance.

As luck would have it, I ran into a familiar face from
my previous gym near TMC, Bangsar and he shared
with me an idea of working from home. What would
you do if you were in my shoes?

That's how I began this incredible magical journey,
and have never looked back since.

So you have to ask yourself this question -
What backup plan do you have, if you have to quit
your job today?

And if you don't have a 2nd or even 3rd source of
income today, then do you have the reasons to begin
learning some new skills so you are not caught off
guard one day - when the money stops coming in
when you stop work.

We are so clever to teach our kids - play now and
pay later or pay now so you can play later. We need
to pay the price today, to invest an hour a day to
learn some new skills, so that we can truly earn
money while we sleep.

Today, my eldest girl is doing her final year business studies in Sydney, my 2nd girl just finished her Form 3 - 1st in class for the year, 8As in PMR and 8As in UEC, and the girl scout leader for forms 1-3. She is also the school ambassador for visiting foreign students. My 3rd girl is doing her UPSR this year.

And I am their personal driver, coach, friend and most important - their ATM machine - press and money come out!. Am I lucky? Or did I do the pay the price and do the things to get me what I really wanted?


So why do you want to begin this journey?

No comments:

 
Feed Shark